Ladder stands give hunters the advantage of seeing their surroundings from a high place.
When you are on the ground, you can only see what is at that level.
But when you are in an elevated position, you have a better vantage point than a hunter who is on the ground.
So when you want to hunt in comfort without needing to move from one place to another, get yourself a ladder stand.
That said, choosing the right 2-man ladder stand is of key importance. Factors that you absolutely cannot ignore include safety, comfort, functionality, and weight capacity.
In this review, we have discussed 5 of the best 2-man ladder stands based on our research and consumer feedback and ratings. We have also included a buyer’s guide to help you make a smart decision when deciding on a tree stand.
You might be wondering, why the Guide Gear 2-Man 12’ Tower Tree Stand?
And what we can tell you is that this is one of the most affordable and tree stands in the market. Not many people want to spend a lot of cash on a ladder stand, and that’s why we picked the Guide Gear tree stand.
Aside from the attractive price tag, it has some great features. And overall, when we compared it to other stands, we found it to be sturdy and robust.
- 12 Feet Long
- 2-Man Tree Stand
- Adjustable Padded Seats & Shooting Rail
- Padded Arm & Backrests
- Supports Weight Not Exceeding 500 pounds
- Wide Base
- Safety Features
- Weatherproof Construction
This choice is our top pick for a reason and with its many great features, it is easy to see why we chose this product. With all the things that this ladder can do, the only thing that it can’t do is order itself for you.
2 Man Ladder Stands Comparison Chart
Height to Shooting Rail
Foot Platform Dimensions
57.5" x 57.5"
37" x 23"
40" x 33"
56" x 13"
53" x 38"
Seat Platform Dimensions
18" x 12"
37" x 15"
37" x 18"
37" x 16"
26" x 24"
5 Best 2 Man Ladder Stands (as of June, 2020):
1. Guide Gear GGQ20 12′ 2 Man Ladder Stand Review
The Guide Gear GGQ20 12′ 2 Man Tower Tree Stand is a tree stand that is made of weather-resistant and durable materials to give it a long life.
With the Guide Gear 2-man tree stand, you can go hunting with your son, daughter or best friend.
And there is enough room for you and your shooting partner to maneuver. There is also enough storage space for your shooting accessories.
This stand is great for a person with a husky stature as the seats measure 18×12 inches wide and 20 inches long. And they are designed to support weights of 500 pounds maximum.
The seats, armrests, and backrests have padding to give you extra comfort, which is important when you need to stay seated for a prolonged amount of time.
The seats are adjustable, so you can move them up and down. And this makes it easier to secure the unit with straps. They also have a swivel feature to help you maneuver or change direction with ease.
The shooting rails are also adjustable. You can move them up and down with little resistance. And the footpads are sturdy.
This seat does not come assembled, so you would need to do that yourself. But it does come with an easy to read instruction manual that guides you on how to assemble it.
- 2 Padded Seats With Armrests
- 360 Degree Swivel Seats
- 4-Sided Padded Shooting Rail
- 36″h. Padded Full-Surround Shooting Rail
- 20″ Wide External Ladder Entry
- 57.5″w. x 57.5″d. Foot Platform
- Seat Dimensions: 18″ x 12″
- Seat Height: 20″
- Backrest Dimensions: 16″h
- Height to Shooting Rail: 12’h
- Height to Platform: 9’h
- Durable Steel Construction
- 3″ x 4″ Footpads Keep the Stand from Sinking Into the Ground
- Made of steel that can resist weathering
- Solid design built to last
- Padded armrests, backrests, seats for comfort
- Seats are 18×12 inches wide and 20 inches long
- Seats are adjustable and have a swivel feature
- Can support people that weigh 500 pounds or less
- Two-person tree stand
- Easy to put together
- Comes with an instruction manual
- It’s expensive
- The roof leaks
Some of its amazing features include the Backbone Stabilizer Truss System to improve the strength and stability of the 20-inch wide ladder.
And it eliminates any squeaking or creaking.
And there is the Jaw System that firmly attaches the ladder stand to the tree from the ground level all the way up.
The seat are 21×16 inches wide have foam pads for comfortable seating as well as padded backrests for extra comfort. And you can flip the seats upwards when you utilize the whole stand comfortably.
The shooting rail has padding as well to provide with you extra comfort. And it is adjustable, so you can move it out of the way when you don’t need to use it.
Overall, the Primal Tree Stands PVLS-521 18′ ladder stand is a tough and sturdy stand that you can rely on when it comes to strength, stability, and comfort.
- 18’h. to Shooting Rail
- 37″ x 15″d. Seat Platform with Premium Flip-Up Mesh Seats
- 37″ x 23″ Foot Platform
- Primal Grip Jaw System maximizes sure-grip installation
- Back Bone Stabilizer Truss Systems
- Padded, Flip-Up Adjustable Shooting Rail
- Sturdy Steel Construction
- 20″ Ladder Width
- Backbone stabilizer truss system to enhance the ladder’s strength and stability and eliminate squeaking and creaking
- Jaw system to keep the ladder tightly fastened to a tree
- Wide padded seats and backrests for extra comfort
- Adjustable features that allow you to use the unit as you please
- Strong steel construction
- 18-inch durable ladder
- Affordable pricing
- Seats don’t flip up individually
The Muddy MUD-MLS2300 Partner 17′ 2-Man Ladderstand is a 17-foot ladder stand that sports weatherproof Flex-tek seats that you can flip them up when you need to use the full platform.
The armrests are padded as well and you can rest your arms on them with ease and comfort while making no sound at all.
The shooting rail is padded to protect your arms from discomfort. And you can flip it backwards when you need extra space when you want to position your hunting rifle to get a better aim or draw back your hunting bow.
The metal platform of the ladder is 40 inches wide and 33 inches long. And that is considerably large to support and accommodate you and your hunting partner comfortably.
Even if the ladder stand is lightweight, it can support individuals that weigh no more than 500 pounds.
The ladder has washers in all the sections to minimize noise when it comes to contact with metal objects and its coated with Muddy’s heavy-duty powder coating to protect the unit from damage.
This improves the ladder’s strength and durability. Leaving it outside for days on end is not an issue as this ladder is weather resistant.
Also, the gun rest is a tard high even for folks who are tall.
- Extra Large, Waterproof, Flex-Tek Seat
- D-Force 3″ Expanded Metal Grates
- Fiber-Guard Coating for extra grip
- Padded Shooting Rail
- Swivels 360 degrees
- Includes 2 Full-Body Safety Harnesses
- Durable Steel Construction
- Flips Back Silently
- No Metal on Metal Contact
- 37″W x 18″H Backrest
- Height: 17′ to Shooting Rail
- 37″ x 18″d. Seat Platform
- 40″ x 33″ Foot Platform
- Seat Height: 20″ above Platform
- A large platform that can comfortably support two adults
- Water-resistant Flex-tech seats that you can flip up and down
- Padded shooting rail for extra comfort
- Coated with Muddy’s powder coating to protect it from weather damage
- Washers in all the sections to keep the stand silent
- Supports body weight no more than 500 pounds
- Extra room for your accessories and hunting gear
- Strong and long-lasting construction
- The seats are not padded making it difficult to seat on them for an extended amount of time
- The gun rest is too high
4. Big Dog BDL-1050 17.5′ Stadium Series XL Review
But over those years, they have built a reputation for producing quality stands.
This ladder stand by Big Dog is not your average stand. It costs more than many other similar stands, but given the outstanding features it comes with, the price tag should be an afterthought.
So the Big Dog BDL-1050 17.5′ Stadium Series XL ladder stand is 17.5 feet tall and it can support individuals that weigh less than 300 pounds. It’s a two-man ladder so you can go out hunting with your buddy or a loved one.
It has a curved platform to provide you with more flexibility when you need to position yourself in a way that allows you to get an accurate shot. Even if you are two people, you can flip the seats up to create more space for movement.
Other than that, the seats, shooting rail, and armrests are padded for your comfort. And it has safety features for extra protection from falling off.
So despite being expensive, it does bring a lot to the table when it comes to features, functionality, durability, and sturdiness.
- Free Blind Included
- Rigid Rectangle Ladder
- 17.5’h. to Shooting Rail
- Curved 53” x 13” Foot Platform
- Curved 37” x 16” Padded Seat
- Padded Back-Rest Cushion & Padded Arm Rests
- Seat Height: 18”
- Construction: 100% Steel
- Fixed, Padded Shooting Rail
- Dual-Rail Ladder for Safe, Easy Climbing
- 4 Ratchet Straps & 2 Fall Arrest Systems Included
- Pinned Ladder Sections
- Adjustable Ladder Support Bar
- Meets TMA Standards
- Padded seats, shooting rail, and armrests for your comfort
- Safety features to protect you from falling over
- Adjustable seats and shooting rail
- Can support people that weigh no more than 300 pounds
- The platform has enough room for movement
- The base is small
- It is pricey
5. Hawk Sasquatch HWK-HL2073 18′ Review
The Hawk Sasquatch HWK-HL2073 18′ 2-man ladder stand is a well-made tree stand, but it is also expensive.
So if you don’t want to spend a lot on a ladder stand, you can find other cheaper models out there that are just as good.
The Sasquatch stand is big and spacious.
So there is enough room to move about and extra space to keep your accessories. It is 18 feet tall giving you a wide field view.
It is fitted with mesh lounger seats that are extremely roomy and comfortable. And unlike the earlier version of this model, with this one, you can flip the seats up to make space for maneuvering.
The ladder steps are equally large and you can walk up the ladder with ease even with muddy boots on.
Doing it alone might prove to be a huge challenge. So it’s not a stand you want to set up solo.
Aside from being heavy, this ladder is one of the biggest ladders available. And it is built with tough and long-lasting materials. And you can set it up and leave it out there for weeks and it won’t get rusty.
So basically, it’s a stand that’s designed to make your hunting adventures easy and enjoyable.
- Durable Oval Tubing Construction with Powder-Coated Finish
- Individual Flip-Up MeshComfort™ Lounger Chairs
- 53″w. x 38″d. Foot Platform with Flip-Out Footrests
- Safe-Tread™ Ladder Steps with Stamped Holes
- Cross-Strap Tensioning System
- Ladder Grab Handles for Easy Climbing
- Premium Teflon Washers
- 18’h. to Shooting Rail
- Seat Dimensions: 26″w. x 24″d
- Seat Height: 26″
- Bolted Ladder Sections for easy transport & storage
- Includes 2 Full-Body Safety Harnesses & Ratchet Straps
- Large mesh lounger seats for your comfort
- Padded shooting rail for added comfort
- Sufficient space for maneuvering and for your gear
- Wide base to keep your gear and accessories from falling to the ground
- Extra-wide ladder steps for easy climbing
- It is not budget-friendly
- It is heavy
A tree stand gives you the advantage of spotting prey more easily because you get to do it from high ground. And this makes it easier to bag your buck or deer with little effort.
But if the tree stand has a poor design, you may end up dealing with issues like wobbliness and squeaking.
And it also reduces your level of safety when you are up the ladder. So when choosing a tree stand, here some factors to consider.
Type of Tree Stand
When selecting a tree stand, only three main types are available: hang-on stands, climbing tree stands, and ladder stands.
Hang-on stands come with climbing sticks and a stand. The climbing sticks and stand are fastened to a tree using a chain or a belt. And using the climbing sticks, that is how you get up the tree.
So it is pretty simple. You only need to strap the sticks on your back and attach them to the tree one by one as you climb higher until you reach the desired height level.
Ladder stands are heavier compared to hang-on stands. And this is because they utilize a ladder to help you get up a tree more easily. You just need to attach the ladder properly and you are set.
And usually, they come in two configurations: 1-man and 2-man. The two-man ladder stands give you the advantage of hunting with a loved one or a buddy.
Ladder tree stands are steady and tall. So you get a broad view of your surroundings from high up without worrying about you or the ladder falling down.
The climbing tree stand is a 2-piece stand that is fastened to a tree using a heavy-duty wire that is rubberized. You need to fit the pieces together first to climb a tree. To an expert, attaching this stand may not be a problem, but to a novice, they may struggle a bit.
The size of the tree stand is an important factor because it can help you decide on a stand based on your hunting needs. Some tree stands are spacious and have extra space for your gear.
So if you are in search of a quality tree stand with enough space to maneuver and extra room for your gear, a ladder stand would be most ideal. Plus you can get a 2-man ladder stand to go hunting with a buddy.
But if you plan on carrying your stand over a long distance, you need a climbing tree stand or a hang-on stand because they are lightweight. You can strap them to your back and carry them as you would a backpack.
When you decide to get tree stand for your hunting expeditions because you are tired of hiking or hiding behind bushes to bag your prey, consider comfort.
Why? Because if you need to use the stand for a prolonged length of time, it needs to be comfortable. If it’s not, you won’t stay in the field long enough to bag even a rabbit let alone a buck.
For safety purposes and to avoid serious injury owing to a fall, avoid buying a tree stand until you know just how much weight it can support.
If you weigh let’s say 300 pounds, get a tree stand that is designed to support more than that weight. Don’t pick a tree stand that supports exactly 300 pounds as that is risky.
Having a safety harness when you are on a tree stand is absolutely a must. It doesn’t matter how steady the stand is, don’t take the risk of not wearing a safety harness when up there.
It could mean the difference between losing your life and saving your life. Very important.
It would be absolutely pointless to have a tree stand that cannot help you remain incognito. A tree stand that squeaks when you shift even slightly can frustrate your hunting efforts.
If it’s one thing most animals have is excellent hearing. So the moment a buck or deer perceives a sound that is unusual, it will bolt out of there at super speed.
So make sure to check that the bolts are tightly fastened to the ladder, and that all adjustable aspects of the ladder are noise-free.
Shooting rails have their advantages and disadvantages. The offer arm support, improve your aim, and even some double as safety rails.
But a shooting rail can also cause you problems especially if you are bowhunting. If your arm accidentally bumps on the rail when shooting your arrow, you are going to miss.
Height is an important consideration when you are deciding on a ladder stand. And this because ladder stands have a definite height. The height varies from ladder to ladder, so it pretty much depends on what you want.
The one thing you need to keep mind though is that the taller the stand, the heavier it is. And it’s costly too. Also, consider the height of the tree that you intend on attaching your ladder stand.
You don’t want to be too high up a tree or too low. If you are too high, camouflaging yourself might a problem. And if you are too low, you might not see your prey well enough to even get an accurate aim.
Tree stand safety tips
- When climbing a ladder tree stand, make sure to use both your hands to hold on to avoid slipping and falling
- Check to see how much weight your tree stand can support. And this should include the weight of your gear. If you have too much weight on you that your ladder cannot support, the ladder may sway causing you to fall. And this can be dangerous as you can get seriously hurt particularly if you are high up the ladder
- Check the weather forecast before going out there. It’s hard to climb up a ladder stand when it’s raining. You might slip and fall. And if it starts raining when you are up the ladder, make sure to descend slowly and carefully down the ladder to avoid a fall
- When you notice your tree stand squeaks when you make even the slightest movement, don’t use it until you have it fixed for safety purposes
Ladders tree stands can make your life easy particularly if you are an avid hunter. But it takes careful consideration when choosing a ladder tree stand.
Safety, comfort, functionality, and sturdiness are some important factors that should be on your list when selecting a ladder stand. Budget while its importance should not be a leading factor when choosing a ladder tree stand.